JOB TITTLE : Project Manager
DEPARTMENT : Corporate and Economic Sustainability Department
LOCATION JOB : Bugando Hill, Mwanza-Tanzania
TYPE : Full time
DURATION: Employment contract will be for 12 months, with the possibility for extension depending on performance.
Background and Purpose:
The Bugando Medical Centre (BMC) is the tertiary, consultant, teaching and referral hospital for the Lake and Western Zones of the United Republic of Tanzania, serving 8 regions namely Mara, Mwanza, Simiyu, Shinyanga, Tabora, Kigoma, Geita and Kagera with an estimated total population of 16 million people. The Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) is the owner of BMC and runs it in close partnership with the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania.
As a part of corporate and economic sustainability, the hospital would like to recruit a Project Manager to run Pump Station, Parking, Pharmacy and Rest House projects in the hospital. The purpose of this position is to ensure effective and efficient implementation of these projects for economic sustainability of the hospital.
Structure of Authority:
The Project Manager will report to the Project Committee.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Project Manager. The responsibilities of the project manager are not limited to these points:
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project in general, in accordance with the hospital guidelines and standards;
- Establish and monitor implementation schedules and cost plans;
- Ensure that all projects generate profit to ensure its sustain inability
- Establish new income generating projects and maintain the existing ones
- Prepare, or as appropriate supervise the preparation of progress reports, annual reports, project completion reports and other reports that may be required by the hospital
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks all levels
- Track projects performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation of good practice
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, or related field;
- A Master’s degree in the fields mentioned above is a definite advantage;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Project/Programme Management within a reputable development organization;
- Experience in the field of managing income generating projects is an advantage;
- Proven experience in project monitoring and budget control;
- Ability prepare and implement income generating project proposals
- Proven competence in project report writing;
- Experience in procurement of goods and services;
- Financial management background as a plus.
Competencies and Skills:
- Basic Project Cycle Management knowledge; experience in health sector/ medical sector is an added advantage
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Strong analytical skills, negotiation skills and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels;
- Ability to take decisions and carry responsibilities;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently from close supervision;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Fully competent in the use of a computer including essential programmes (MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and access to the internet;
- Experience in leading trainings or workshops preferred;
- Comfortable working under frequent, tight timelines and delivering high-quality work products on time;
- Commitments health and social justice issues and understanding of global health and development issues.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Letters of application should be written in English preferably handwritten attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic/professional qualification, testimonials and names, Addresses, telephone numbers and email of three referees, should put in a sealed envelope addressed to the Director General so as to reach him before 26th October 2021.
Bugando Medical Centre,
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.