Strategic Planning Specialist
Location: Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Consultant
Position Number: 21:305
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international non-profit organization that supports the building of democratic societies and primarily works in the areas of democratic governance and electoral management body support. IFES promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle in countries around the world to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, non-profit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive and collaborative democracy solutions in more than 145 countries. IFES is currently implementing a USAID-funded project in Tanzania.
IFES is providing support to the Zanzibar Election Commission (ZEC) with the development of a new five-year strategic plan 2021-2026. This support is expected to comprise the conduct of a three-day strategic plan development workshop and associated work. The workshop will follow the methodology as set out in the IFES Publication “Strategic Planning for Effective Electoral Management” which will be shared with the Strategic Planning Specialist who will also receive technical guidance from IFES.
The Strategic Planning Specialist will work with an IFES HQ Strategic Planning Expert to jointly plan and conduct the workshop and to assist with the development of the strategic plan: Responsibilities will include, in conjunction with the IFES Technical Expert, development of the workshop agenda including identifying what handout materials are required and, if necessary, to be developed. Further, the consultant will be required to present and/or assist with the presentation of sessions during the workshop. Finally, the consultant will assist with the development and finalization of the new strategic plan. The duration of this consultancy position will be a maximum of ten days. Job Responsibilities:
The consultant will, in conjunction with the IFES technical expert:
- Develop the workshop agenda.
- Determine what handout material is required and, where necessary, develop or assist in the development of handouts.
- Present or assist with the presentation of sessions during the workshop.
- Assist in the progressive development of a draft strategic plan outline during the workshop.
- Following the workshop, provide written comment on the draft strategic plan.
- Final workshop agenda, allocated handouts and other presentation material
- Present and/or assist with the presentation of sessions as per the agenda
- Provide both verbal and written input to the draft ZEC Strategic Plan 2021 to 2026
- Masters’ degree in political science, data science, or other relevant fields preferred. Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Six years of professional experience in political science, organizational development/planning or related areas.
- Experience in the development of strategic plans for Tanzanian organizations.
- Experience in either working with Tanzanian Electoral Management Bodies or on electoral subject matter will be an advantage.
- Previous experience working with international NGOs or organizations in the field of democracy and governance.
- Sound meeting moderation/facilitation skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in clear, concise, accessible language.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Applicants must be Tanzanian citizens.
IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!