The Together Women Rise is inviting applicants for its grant program.
Together Women Rise is an educational giving circle: Their members meet monthly, learn about their featured and sustained grantees, and donate to Together Women Rise, allowing them collectively to support grassroots international organizations empowering women and girls living in extreme poverty. They fund projects that foster good health, education, and economic self-sufficiency in developing countries. They are devoted to educating and inspiring individuals to make a difference and fight global poverty through the power of collective giving.
Together Women Rise selects a featured grantee each month and promotes it throughout the month at chapter meetings, through mailings, social media and online communications. Grantees are assigned to be featured in a specific month based on issue area and geography.
- Support women and girls living in extreme poverty in developing countries
- (defined as living on $1.90 a day or less)
- Address one or more of the following issues / needs:
- Education and vocational training
- Improved women and girls’ health:
- Physical health
- Emotional /Psychological Health
- Maternal Health
- Sexual and Reproductive Rights
- Economic empowerment
- Clean water, sanitation and healthy environment
- Improved food security, regenerative agriculture, and nutrition
- Human trafficking: prevention, rescue and reintegration
- Leadership training
- Advocacy for policies that promote gender equality, peace and security.
- To maximize the educational opportunities for their members, during the course of a year, Together Women Rise will strive to fund projects that address the varied issues, needs, and geography of women and girls
- Projects funded will address one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Projects funded will create lasting change in the lives of the women and/or girls who are affected.
- Projects provide solutions that have been identified by the women and/or girls being served and must actively include their perspectives.
- Grantee must be able to demonstrate the direct impact of the project funded and demonstrate methods and ability to monitor and evaluate the project.
- Grantees are sustainable organizations with multiple funding sources.
- Together Women Rise makes grants of $35,000-50,000 that may be disbursed in one distribution or which may be taken in up to two equal distributions spanning a period of two years.
- Requirements for Grantees
- Grantee must be a US 5.01(c)3 corporation or have a fiscal sponsor which is a US 5.01(c)3 corporation – A fiscal sponsor is a US non-profit organization that provides fiduciary oversight, financial management, and other administrative services to help build the capacity of charitable organizations that do not have a US 501c3 (non-profit) designation. An applicant that does not have a US 501c3 (non-profit) designation can submit an application to Together Women Rise with a fiscal sponsor if they have a verifiable present relationship with that fiscal sponsor that has been in existence for the past 12 months. The fiscal sponsor would need to satisfy all the Together Women Rise grant criteria.
- They do not accept registration documents issued by any other country.
- Grantee’s relationship with fiscal sponsor must be of at least twelve months’ standing.
- Grantee must demonstrate capacity and on the ground operations in countries with populations of greatest need for a minimum of three years.
- Grantee and/or fiscal sponsor must provide Form 990 or Form 990 EZ for the two most recent consecutive years demonstrating $100,000 in annual expenses. They do not accept 990-Ns or 990-PFs.
- Grantee must have minimum of operating expenses of $100,000 annually for the most recent fiscal year unless using a fiscal sponsor.
- At least half of the members of board of directors of the of the grantee organization must be women at time of application.
- Grantee must demonstrate fiscally responsible practices
- Grantee must provide data regarding the direct impact of the organization’s programs
- Grantee must provide evidence of its monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Grantee must have a website in English unless using a fiscal sponsor
- Grantee must be able provide a video clip at least 5 minutes in length about organization and the funded project upon being selected for a grant.
- Grantee must provide high resolution photographs upon being selected for a grant.
- Requirements for Fiscal Sponsors
- Fiscal sponsor must be a US 5.01(C)3 corporation
- Fiscal sponsor must provide evidence it has had an oversight and supportive relationship with grantee for at least 12 months
- Fiscal sponsor must provide form 990 or form 990EZ for the two most recent consecutive years. They do not accept 990-Ns or 990-PFs.
- Fiscal sponsor must have minimum operating expenses of $100,000 annually for the most recent fiscal year
- At least half of the members of the board of directors of the fiscal sponsor organization must be women (at the time of application)
- Fiscal sponsor must demonstrate fiscally responsible practices
- Fiscal sponsor must have a website presence in English and the applicant must be represented on the fiscal sponsor’s website
For more information, visit https://togetherwomenrise.org/learn/grants/apply-for-a-grant/