Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is implementing its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017/2018-2020-2021) which includes the network expansion in local, regional and international destinations.
Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions below…..
in Security Unit..
POSITION: AVIATION SECURITY OFFICER (2 POSTS)
To ensure Security and Safety of passengers and luggage from checking up to disembarking as well as maintaining security of equipment directly associated with ATCL operations.
- Minimum Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education
- Must have attended and passed TCAA approved screener course and relevant AVSEC training.
- Must be computer literate
- Certificate in Law or any post-secondary qualification will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years working experience in Aviation Security
- Must be a Tanzanian
- Responsible for the ATCL Security Operations.
- Proactively supervise and control security operations station to ensure security of departure and arrival of ATCL flights
- Implement security deployment plan to ensure secure coverage of all areas of operation.
- Ensure proper coordination with contracted aviation service security providers for the entire process of ATCL.
- Build good working relationships with security providing partners to facilitate for timely/immediate solution of any security issues affecting ATCL.
- Ensure contracted aviation security service providers consistently adopt procedures, processes and all other relevant amendments made to the ATCL aviation security program
- Ensure proper handling, carriage and disposal of fire arms and other prohibited items to comply with set standards.
- Undertake checks and vulnerability test for contracted aviation security services to ensure continued standards of work performance.
- Analyze theft, pilferage and loss of baggage trends and develop security counter-measures to ensure security of company, customer and staff properties.
- Conduct preliminary investigation on all detected/reported cases within the scope of aviation security to ensure speedy conclusion.
- Ensure safe collection and forwarding of lost and found properties to the Aviation Security Officer – Standards, Training and Records for hand over to owner or disposal.
- Protect and ensure Company revenue integrity through collection of unpaid excess weight charges.
Attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Fixed Term Contract of Five (5) years
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school), other relevant certificates, Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council-NECTA)
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
Applicants should consider the following closing dates for this post as follows: Within Fourteen (14) days from the first date of this announcement Applicants who previously applied for similar position may re-apply.
The application letters should be directed to the following address: –
Managing Director and CEO,
Air Tanzania Company Limited,
P.O. Box 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.The deadline for submitting the application is 19th October 2021.