Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
Position Title: VMMC QI and Capacity Building Coordinator
Reports to: Regional VMMC Services Coordinator
Location: Shinyanga with 75% field travel
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for VMMC program team, R/CHMTs and health care providers in implementation of VMMC CQI interventions and build the capacity of R/CHMTs to standardize and support sustainable CQI
- Conduct supportive supervision and identify VMMC CQI services implementation gaps for remediation plans as needed for core essential elements assessed.
- Prepare and coordinate trainings on VMMC quality standards and QI tools and techniques; train providers from facilities and communities including HCWs, CHWs, and outreach and lay workers to conduct routine QA/QI
- Support the development and review of VMMC guidelines, training packages, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), CQI tools and M&E tools per national, WHO and PEPFAR standards in collaboration with MOHCDGEC and other
- Support capacity building for R/CHMTs and HCWs to use and monitor QI standards in VMMC
- Develop, implement, and monitor standards for quality programming, including robust data collection, reporting, investigation and management of adverse and notifiable adverse
- Work closely with technical program and strategic information teams to conduct periodic review of program performance in VMMC CQI
- Document success stories, best practices and abstracts form VMMC CQI interventions for internal and external dissemination
- Prepare technical reports for VMMC QI and capacity building activities as scheduled on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Promote the integration of VMMC CQI activities into comprehensive council health plans (CCHPs) to support government program transition and sustainability
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
- Medical degree with relevant public health
- Five years or more experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment program including provision of HIV clinical training, performance improvement, QI, and clinical An experience in VMMC CQI interventions will be an added advantage.
- Expertise in implementing quality assurance systems for HIV/AIDS interventions especially VMMC program and in adult learning and training
- Knowledge of national, WHO, PEPFAR, and national VMMC recommendations, requirements, CQI standards, and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience related to capacity building of service providers and monitoring/supportive supervision and mentorship of service
- Experience of working with R/CHMTs, other stakeholders and health
- Knowledge of PEPFAR funded programs would be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently with strong coordination and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal, training, facilitation, team building and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.