Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: Senior Data Manager (3 Positions)
Reports to: Strategic Information Technical Advisor (SITA) Location: HQ, Pwani, Kigoma
Senior Data Manager (SDM) will be responsible for the development and implementation of site-level databases for collection of HIV/AIDS program indicators, as well as community services. Providing technical assistance on data entry of patient data and generating data reports. S/He will assistance with both paper-based and computer-based systems – in HIV Testing Services (HTS), care and treatment (CTC), PMTCT, TB and cervical cancer prevention, and any other newly introduced service delivery models. S/He will coordinate
District Strategic Information Officers from respective region on data cleaning, verification; real time data collection and uploading into the national and PEPFAR data reporting system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and support timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to the program management team
- Collaborate with the project team to design and implement M&E systems to collect, manage and disseminate data by reporting progress towards the program objectives
- Lead in design, update and maintain central and regional
- Ensure that routinely collected data summaries are available in a timely fashion and a user-friendly format for regular use in program monitoring
- Ensure that THPS supports districts and regional efforts to review and improve community HIV program performance through the use of quality real time routinely collected
- Work with the Strategic Information team to ensure electronic systems are in place to manage and disseminate program data from client to national level.
- Ensure timely and complete data entry from paper-based sources to electronic sources
- Regular review of completed paper-based tools and compare electronic data entries with source documents to verify data accuracy and rectify as needed.
- Track referral forms and conduct verification with registers and databases at facilities to verify completed referrals and linkage outcomes
- Facilitate generation of queries and ensure data cleaning activities are conducted
- Lead in training new outreach workers on data collection tools, including referrals, reporting and database.
- Conduct regular data quality assessments (DQA) and joint supportive supervision with CHMT teams to ensure the highest degree of program data quality
- Develop all monthly, quarterly, and other reports on all indicators for submission and review to central team
- Ensure all team members maintain security of data tools at all times, including protecting the confidentiality of records and data
- Involved in data reporting quarterly, semi-annually (SAPR) and annually (APR) and any other reports as necessary by GoT and Donor
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Master in Public Health, Informatics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Demography or equivalent education and work experience
- Strong analytic and quantitative aptitude, including an understanding of data science and informatics
- Experience with managing large data projects, including integrating and analysing multiple datasets and developing customized reporting.
- Must be able to use Windows, MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as statistical analytical packages and data manipulation with R, Python
- Experience with business intelligence visualization software like Power BI,
- Experience using messy data to mine relevant insights to improve program
- At least 5 years of experience in data analytics of public health data, including HIV and TB related data.
- At least 5 years of progressive responsibility in managing teams and projects.
- Experience creating compelling and meaningful visualization and reports displaying programme, health quality and cost information for a wide range of audiences, including health providers, implementers and executive
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.