Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: VMMC Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Reports to: Strategic Information Director
Location: HQ (50% travel to supported regions)
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager will be responsible for designing and managing M&E efforts for Voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) project. S/He will be responsible for the development and monitoring of M&E plans and ensuring implementation of the project performance management plan. In close consultation with the project Strategic Information Director, M&E Manager, will ensure the continuous monitoring of program progress in close collaboration with the GoT, CDC, and other implementers. S/He will develop the capacity of various stakeholders in data collection, analysis, reporting and evaluation. The M&E Manager help identify and evaluate best practices and state-of-the-art approaches for the programs and with support from the SID disseminate overall results to project stakeholders. S/He will work in close partnership with MOHCDGEC, PORALG, THPS project staff and project partner organizations to oversee all VMMC M&E activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective implementation of VMMC intervention evaluation and performance management plan and monitoring system, including collection efforts of all relevant data, management of the information, and its use in preparation of periodic
- Assist in design of evaluation efforts linked to project targets and
- Ensure data quality and accuracy by supporting the development and implementation of regular data quality assessments (DQAs).
- Design and lead interventions to strengthen national VMMC M&E capacity and Support interventions to routinize continuous quality improvement (CQI)processes within the MOHCDGEC.
- Organize, compile, write, and submit information, including VMMC program results and their analysis, for standard program reports, including the quarterly and annual reports, and respond to requests for data from CDC and other
- Maintain an efficient and easy-to-use information management system for data generated by the project, including the baseline facility and community mapping exercises, annual assessments and the final evaluation.
- Provide leadership in the development of project M&E assignments including the use of statistical packages such as STATA, SPSS, and Epi
- Identify areas for future research.
- Provide direct technical M&E support to VMMC project sites
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health/Epidemiology/Statistics/Demography or related Master’s degree is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing health program evaluation and applied research in health and HIV
- At least 10 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, data analysis, performance monitoring, report writing, and/or DQA’s
- Experience of working with PEPFAR funded programs is an advantage and hands on in M&E of VMMC programs at leadership position is an advantage.
- Supervisory experience, including training M&E officers and data officers
- Familiarity with VMMC PEFPAR M&E reporting systems (DATIM, SIMS) and
- Demonstrated understanding of Ministry of Health data systems (e.g. DHIS2).
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis, data management, analytical skills and experience in identifying and evaluating best practices and Experience in qualitative research methods and practices highly desired.
- Expertise in study design and
- Proficiency in statistical/analytical
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and meet deadlines in a fast- paced work environment.
- Advanced oral and written English communication skills required
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.