PFAN is now accepting applications from projects and businesses in low- and middle-income countries.
Sectors & Technologies
PFAN works with projects in a variety of sectors and technologies working towards climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Agriculture & Agribusiness
- Biodiversity & Eco-system Services
- Clean Cooking
- Clean Technology
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Climate Resilience Infrastructure
- CoolingEnergy Efficiency & Demand Reduction
- Energy Storage & Conservation
- Renewable Energy
- Rural Electrification & Energy Access
- Urban Resilience
- Waste Treatment
- Water & Sanitation
- The investment amount, or investment ask, should lie between US$1 million and US$50 million. This may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- ONLY for energy access and rural electrification projects (clean cook stoves, solar home systems, mini grids) an exception is made, and the investment ask can lie between US$500,000 and US$50 million. This too may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
Examples of Eligible Projects
- Projects and businesses which deploy clean and renewable energy and/or climate change technologies for productive uses;
- Greenfield and brownfield utility projects, independent power producer and distributed generation projects (for both thermal and electrical energy);
- Existing projects which are operating at small or pilot scale and which are ready for scale-up;
- Projects which increase access to energy for remote communities, including rural electrification, off-grid and mini-grid projects, thermal energy and clean cooking solutions;
- New or expanding business ventures in clean energy and related technologies, including downstream projects (focused on deployment of existing technologies) and upstream projects (focused on development and commercialisation of a new clean technology);
- Mergers, acquisitions or joint ventures, which will add value to an existing clean energy / technology business.
- PFAN accepts applications from projects and businesses in low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Central, South and Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, Eastern Europe, Central America and the Caribbean Islands.
- To be eligible for PFAN support, your project or business must:
- provide climate change adaptation benefits and/or
- offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services that fall within their areas of work.
For more information, visit https://pfan.net/eligibility-criteria/