Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: Stores Assistant
Report to: Stores Officer Position]
location: Dar Es Salaam
Stores assistant will help the stores officer the control and record movement of all materials delivered to and issued from the THPS stores.
Role and responsibilities:
- Inspect incoming goods for damage or discrepancies and report to the storekeeper for further
- Receive goods, and arrange properly in the store shelves to ensure maximum utilization of storage
- Arrange delivery of goods to THPS supported sites and Regional offices by enquiring distribution list or stores requisition from program team and regional/zonal
- Maintain receipts, records, and issuing of goods form the
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper movement of project materials.
- Assist in maintaining and update the asset register on regular basis by ensuring that all new procured materials are being recorded and shipped to regional offices or across THPS supported sites
- Assisting in carries regularly physical verification of stores, to check the book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals by way of internal control over wrong issues, damages, pilferage, expire dates
- Assist in processing VAT refund claims
- Perform any other duties given by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Logistics PSPTB registered under graduate category will be an added advantage.
- At least three years working experience in Stores and Logistics
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs will be an added advantage
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili Basic computer skills with minimum of Microsoft word, and excel application
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “ Stores Assistant’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.