Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals
Position Title: SBCC Coordinator
Reports to: Regional VMMC Services Coordinator
The Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Coordinator provides overall coordination and technical support in the development, design and implementation tailor-made and focused social and behavior change strategies targeted at expanding uptake of VMMC among older men and high-risk men for impactful performance on HIV epidemic control. S/he is responsible for leadership in development SBCC materials including training tools and job aides, promotion of human centered design (HCD) approaches and innovations on core behavioral interventions to scale up VMMC uptake and improve outcomes among the targeted populations. The SBCC Coordinator serves as the focal point with stakeholders including at community level for SMART advocacy and communication in VMMC social and behavior change package addressing barriers and unique needs of targeted populations. S/he ensures quality and consistent evidence-based approaches are implemented, monitored and reported for overall attainment of key deliverables in VMMC programing at THPS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in development of innovative SBCC strategies for targeted VMMC interventions through different channels including audio-visual materials, mass media and mobile technologies.
- Develop the SBCC plans, training materials, demand creation scope of work, job aids and programming
- Coordinate implementation of SBCC activities to improve VMMC services
- Contribute in designing and development of SBCC tools and training materials in collaboration with Government and relevant stakeholders to facilitate implementation of quality VMMC program social and behavior change communications
- Support implementation of differentiated service delivery models for improving access to and use of VMMC services among targeted population.
- Technical support in implementation of HCD approaches that address socio-economic and cultural barriers to increase VMMC services uptake for targeted
- Promote use of SMART advocacy at community level on addressing barriers and unique needs of adult and high-risk men on accessing and utilizing VMMC services.
- Support availability SBCC materials for uninterrupted implementation of SBCC interventions in reaching the targeted population.
- Monitor the key SBCC indicators and scale up best practices and promising approaches in reaching adult and high-risk men with quality VMMC services.
- Develop periodical SBCC technical reports as scheduled on monthly, quarterly and annual basis and document and disseminate SBCC interventions success stories and best practices for internal and external dissemination.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
- Master’s degree in health communications, public health, social sciences, or a related
- Knowledge and experience in HIV prevention health education, health promotion and SBCC interventions is required
- Experience of five years or more in leadership and management SBCC related
- Demonstrated experience in development and execution of SBCC strategy, focusing on demand creation for community and facility-based health services
- Demonstrated experience of implementing training strategies and
- Experience of working with local government authorities including R/CHMTs, other stakeholders, communities and health facilities.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR funded programs would be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and in diverse teams with strong coordination, planning and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal, training, facilitation, team building and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.