The successful applicant will be supporting the Communication Manager in the management of a wide non – profit communications, fundraising, campaigns in line with the strategic goals of the project.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Excellent spoken and written English and Swahili
- Experience working in non-profit sector writing, editing and proof -reading skills
- Experience in communications, donor relations, public relations and or media relations
- Knowledge in database management and analysis
- Ready to work with multicultural teams
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to be resourceful, proactive and seek assistance as needed
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills with ability to oversee multiple tasks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support the maintenance of the SUA APOPO website and internal
- Support the HeroRAT adoption program, customer care and other donor site overseen by the marketing team
- Support Media relations
- Help to refine Communication policies and maintain a clear messaging framework
- Participate in marketing meetings with communication manager in order to refine and review strategies and current projects
- Liaise between project staff and the public to arrange tours in advance, manage logistics and notify respective parties of the costs, meeting points, timeframes and language needed etc.
- Keep donors and the general public informed about the happenings at SUA APOPO, drafting newsletter and scheduling social media posts
- Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned by other departments through the Communication Manager
TERMS OF CONTRACT: Contract will be for 1 year (including a 6-month probationary period) and is renewable depending on the performance and funding
AGE: Not above 45 years old
SALARY: As per Treasury Registry Salary Circular No. 6 of 2015 which is applicable at the moment
HOW TO APPLY
The application letters should indicate names and addresses of THREE REFEREES, together with CERTIFIED COPIES OF ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES and TRANSCRIPTS, furthermore the applicant must submit a copy of BIRTH CERTIFICATE, a signed and updated CV and other testimonials.
All applications should be addressed to the
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE),
P.O. BOX 3000,
CHUO KIKUU, MOROGORO
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 September 2021.