Canara Bank (Tanzania) Limited [CBTL] was registered under Tanzania Company Act, 2002 on 2nd November 2015. The bank has started Banking Operations on 9th May 2016 with opening of Dar es Salaam branch at Plot No 16/1, Elia Complex (GF), Bibi Titi Road, Zanaki, Dar es Salaam.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancy.
HEAD OF TREASURY AND TRADE FINANCE
The Head of Treasury and Trade Finance must be an experienced professional with knowledge of all matters concerning Treasury business and Trade Finance in the Bank.
Reporting to Deputy CEO, the incumbent is responsible for Marketing, delivery and management of the Treasury and Trade Finance products in accordance with the business strategy. Working closely with Deputy CEO in ensuring the delivery growth of high quality treasury products and services to clients and developing and managing relationships with Banks customers so as to ensure customer base and optimum customer retention and income generation from sales of all appropriate bank products to those customers.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development, preparation, implementation and delivery of treasury business strategic plan, working in close liaison with the Deputy CEO and other Product partners.
- Coordination of customer relationships and treasury sales processes
- Identification of customer opportunities, both in-country and regionally.
- Identification of in-country competitive threats and market opportunities, to feed into product strategy
- To market and manage Trade Finance business
- To assist in the growth of Trade Finance business.
- To identify opportunities for new/improved Trade Products,to raise the profile of Canara Bank in the Trade Finance Market and make Canara Bank a reputable Bank for Trade customer’s in Tanzania.
- University degree in Banking, accounting, Finance, economics, business administration or any other related field. Professional qualification in ACI will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- At least five years of experience in treasury management with focus on Trade Finance and funding management preferably in bank
- A sound knowledge of sophisticated Treasury and Trade Finance products and ability to structure them appropriately in providing risk based solutions to customer requirements.
- Proficiency for evaluating market conditions and responding quickly, proactively and positively
- Proven leadership and people management skills with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
- Good analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to market and establish client relationships
- Knowledge of new and evolving technology systems including the benefits and shortfalls of investment thereof.
- Wide Trade product knowledge and knowledge of other products for corporate clientele to provide packaged solutions to meet the ever-increasing customer demands and sophistication
- Ability to carry out appropriate trade pricing recommendations
- Problem solving ability on customer queries and other issues affecting trade business
- Ability to network both with internal and external relationships in order to maximize the share of Canara Bank trade business
If you are meeting the above requirements e-mail the following:
- Covering letter clearly indicating the position,
- Curriculum vitae with copies of certificates of education and professional qualifications
Method of Application
All applications must be sent only to; firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 16th October 2021.
Applications not following the above specifications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.