POSITION: LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II (2 POSTS) MOROGORO & DSM
Apopo is looking for a qualified and experienced Laboratory Technician to support TB (Tuberculosis) Laboratory unit, the Laboratory Technician will work with other members in the TB Laboratory under the supervision of TB Programme Manager to perform various Laboratory activities.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Holder of Diploma in the field of Laboratory science and Laboratory technology or related qualifications from a recognized institution
- Not less than 2 years’ experience of working in TB Laboratory
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications, including Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written English
- Ready to work with multicultural teams
- Flexible to work at night
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to be resourceful, proactive, and seek assistance as needed
- Strong organizational, planning and time management’s skills with ability to oversee multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Laboratory safety issues
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Routine and study sample collection, receiving, storage, processing and presentation to detection rats.
- Preparing Laboratory reagents for specific usage.
- Routine Smear preparation and microscopic examination and other analyses.
- Requesting Laboratory equipments and consumables and maintaining laboratory inventory.
- Setting up, operating and maintaining laboratory equipments.
- Establishing standard operating procedures for analysis of specimens and laboratory experiments.
- Ensure implementation of laboratory biosafety regulations.
- Participating in the internal and external quality control scheme appropriately.
- Assisting in health research activities.
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned by a superior
TERMS OF CONTRACT: Contract will be for 1 year (including a 6-month probationary period) and is renewable depending on the performance and funding
AGE: Not above 45 years old
SALARY: As per Treasury Registry Salary Circular No. 6 of 2015 which is applicable at the moment
HOW TO APPLY
The application letters should indicate names and addresses of THREE REFEREES, together with CERTIFIED COPIES OF ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES and TRANSCRIPTS, furthermore the applicant must submit a copy of BIRTH CERTIFICATE, a signed and updated CV and other testimonials.
All applications should be addressed to the
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE),
P.O. BOX 3000,
CHUO KIKUU, MOROGORO
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 September 2021.