Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: DREAMS Coordinator
Reports to: Community Services Program Lead Location: Shinyanga with 75% field travel
The Determined Resilient Empowered AIDS free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) Coordinator provides technical leadership, support and coordination of activities for HIV prevention in Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) at DREAMS supported Kahama district council. S/he is responsible for designing, planning and monitoring of DREAMS interventions ensuring they are implemented with quality and fidelity according to technical guidance and standards; ensures all key deliverables in DREAMS programing at THPS are attained at high performance levels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support, guidance, leadership and coordination of DREAMS program ensuring alignment with Government of Tanzania and PEPFAR/CDC standards, protocols and
- Work with regional and council health management teams, health facilities and community stakeholders to ensure strong coordination and integration of DREAMS activities with other relevant programs.
- Support identification, enrollment and retention of eligible AGYW in DREAMS program including development of case management plan for the beneficiaries to receive the DREAMS core package of services as per need.
- Develop work plans including strategies and smart objectives/activities for AGYW services integrating appropriate interventions including HIV prevention, care and
treatment, sexual reproductive health, family planning, STI screening, gender-based violence and violence against children (GBV and VAC) in line with national policies and guidelines
- Provide supportive supervision, identify capacity building needs, conduct mentorship of service providers in DREAMS activities and accelerate PrEP uptake for AGYW.
- Support the development of innovative approaches to HIV identification in AGYW including HIV self-testing, testing for partners and family members of index-patients, partner notification services, social networking strategy for priority and key populations, and other emerging novel approaches.
- Strengthen bidirectional referral and linkage mechanisms between facility and community-based service delivery points for AGYW to DREAMS safe
- Prepare DREAMS program technical reports detailing performance progress towards targets on monthly, quarterly and annual basis setting mitigation plans for underperforming indicators for AGYW services.
- Monitor implementation of DREAMS program activities and conduct periodic assessments on standard of care to strengthen quality of services for AGYW and disseminate findings from best practices and success stories at relevant forums including quarterly progress review meetings with stakeholders
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of globally recognized best practices in HIV prevention for
- Represent THPS in DREAMS associated meetings at different levels such as national technical working group
- Perform any other duties as assigned by
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
- Degree in Social Sciences or Clinical Health related fields with relevant experience of more than four years in DREAMS activities and programming
- Demonstrated experience in the management of HIV programs, preferably focused on prevention
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based and structural HIV prevention, care and support interventions for priority populations especially AGYW and linkage to services
- Experience in building capacity for priority populations especially including AGYW and health care providers in improving health and use of participatory methodologies for planning and implementing field activities
- Strong coordination, supervisory and management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, training, facilitation, team building and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with fluency in English and
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.