Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: Community Strategic Information Technical Advisor (CSIA)
Reports to: Strategic Information Director (SID)
Location: HQ (50% frequent field travel)
Community Strategic Information Advisor (CSIA) will serve as the HIV/AIDS subject matter expert (SME) for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and other SI-related tasks pertaining to HIV/AIDS, and other health areas. Under the leadership of Strategic Information Director (SID), s/he will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of community performance and results. CSI Advisor will work closely with the project leadership and regional level Senior Data manager and SI teams to enhance or develop systems across sites and community to monitor service delivery and performance in real-time to improve service quality and impact to meet reporting requirements. S/he will work across technical teams to provide consistent guidance, advice and/or training on appropriate results frameworks and knowledge management practices for the project and its strategies. The incumbent is expected to be familiar with national and PEPFAR policies with a strong understanding of PEPFAR indicators and reporting in DATIM.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and leadership, implement, and assess and strengthen M&E systems and tools, to achieve programmatic
- Develop and monitor the program performance monitoring plan (PMP)
- Ensure that appropriate M&E mechanisms are incorporated into work plans and reports
- Conduct capacity building activities for project staff and other community-based organizations to support the collection, analysis, presentation, and utilization of high- quality data for improved
- Develop and oversee implementation of regular data quality assurance (DQA)
- Monitor program performance based on the performance monitoring and evaluation plan, annual work plans and monitoring
- Inform the program team and partners on the use of PEPFAR and custom indicators to monitor program performance and support evidence-based programming
- Provide regular updates, including written reports, on key M&E findings and project indicators, as required
- Coordinate and manage data analysis for publication, conference abstract submission and dissemination
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, analytics or other relevant discipline; A Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum six years working on in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and analysing data to support performance improvement of programs
- Previous experience working with PEPFAR or other public health donors/programs
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, managing online databases to ensure easy access to data and data reports
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, Epi Info; and/or software; and make recommendations based on findings
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analyses and make recommendations based on findings
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality
- Previous experience building capacity for generation and use of strategic information of community based-services
- Experience working on M&E of key and vulnerable population (KVPs) programs is an advantage
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.