The Goethe-Institut network is calling proposals for House of African Feminisms 2021 to support artistic projects in the area of African Feminisms with a specific focus on the everyday life of African women of all generations.
The Goethe-Institut network in Sub-Saharan Africa is supporting artistic projects in the area of African Feminisms with a specific focus on the everyday life of African women of all generations.
They are looking for reportages, photographic essays or short films that question and engage around the role of African women in the everyday life and how their power and role manifests itself in their profession and daily life practices. They want to discover new perspectives of “African Feminisms” and female empowerment in the daily life of people, not only in artistic and academic contexts.
- Applicants shall propose how they would use a grant of from EUR 500 up to EUR 1.000 in a budget plan and provide details in a concept proposal. A biography of all participants should also be included.
- The maximum funding available per proposal is EUR 1.000. Each successful applicant will also be part of a growing network of people engaged with the House of African Feminisms and invited to future networking events. Narrative and financial report writing as well as cooperation in the PR are expected.
This open call invites African artists, collectives and creative practitioners to produce a digital documentary artwork that can be presented on the website “House of African Feminisms”.
- Your concept (max 2 pages or a video no more than 3 minutes)
- Biography or CV
- Budget plan
- What your medium will likely be
- Any links to your work you think are relevant to this application.
For more information, visit https://www.goethe.de/ins/rw/en/ver.cfm?fuseaction=events.detail&event_id=22337032