Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Job Title: AFYA HATUA HIV Care and Treatment Director
Reports to: Principle Investigator (PI)
Position Location: Dar es Salaam with 35 % field travel
The Care and Treatment Director provides programmatic and technical leadership of all key components of client centered comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care and treatment services throughout the HIV cascade at supported regions (Shinyanga, Pwani and Kigoma). S/He shall have in collaboration with the PI, day-to-day technical oversight of the project to provide strategic vision, management guidance. S/He will work with technical leads to develop and implement individual staff action plans in line with the approved work plan and budget for the project year, manage the work plan and activities budgets to meet project objectives. S/He will be responsible for reporting on project performance and progress on regular level to the PI; and ensure that all deliverables in the HIV and TB cascades, service delivery models are met with technical excellence, and that THPSs adapts evidence-based innovations. S/He will engage with CDC as directed by the PI to ensure THPS supports
MOHCDGEC, PORALG to provide client centered, family and community-centered HIV prevention, care, treatment and support services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with PI on all technical matters related to AFYA HATUA Project
- Lead the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, in the implementation of comprehensive HIV and Prevention, Care and Treatment services including targeted HIV testing services (HTS), same day ART initiation, retention to ART, TB preventive treatment, Voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC), methadone assisted treatment for people who inject drugs (PWIDs).
- Provide technical assistance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of client centered comprehensive HIV prevention Care and Treatment, TB and Opportunistic infections (OIs) programs for both general, priority and key populations in AFYA HATUA supported sites.
- Lead the preparation of the comprehensive client centered HIV prevention, care and treatment and TB technical annual work plan with targeted benchmark indicators and evaluate them on weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Oversee the Facility services, Community services Technical Leads to ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members to meet project outcomes.
- Lead the project monthly, quarterly and annual program review meetings; provide quarterly and annual progress reports on technical activities
- Work closely with PI to harmonize annual, semi-annual, quarterly and monthly work plan
- Ensure that all set comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment targets are met; come up with rapid change interventions for any targets lagging
- Work with technical leads to compile and submit to PI monthly technical reports summarizing key achievements and areas for improvement for previous months
- Work closely with the AFYA HATUA SI Director to lead technical review discussions meetings on selected indicators, weekly and monthly.
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, coordination platforms including National Technical working
- Accompany the PI in all PEPFAR/CDC meetings and discussions related to the AFYA HATUA project; and prepare relevant presentations for review by the PI.
- Advise the PI on efficiencies in implementation and ways to foster program sustainability by the
- Perform others duties assigned by the
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Medical Doctor with a Master’s Degree in Public Health or other relevant advanced
- 7 years plus experience in a senior technical position implementing comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services including the newly adapted service delivery
- Proficient in project management and leadership with a proven track record of managing a successful teams and program.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making; preferably in Tanzania
- Vast experience working with national counterparts i.e. MoHCDGEC, PORALG and participating in National TWGs, participation in the development of various national policies
- Experience with managing donor funding especially USG funding will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners, and proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.