Chief Risk And Compliance Officer (1 Position(s))
The job holder provides leadership in the identification, assessment, monitoring, mitigation and managing of all types of risk arising from the internal and external business environment at a bank-wide level. He is additionally responsible for ensuring adherence to all regulatory requirements as stipulated by the Bank of Tanzania and other relevant regulators.
- Provide overall leadership, vision, and direction for risk management and compliance.
- Establish an integrated risk management framework for all aspects of risks across the bank;
- Develop risk management policies, including the quantification of the Bank’s risk appetite through specific risk limits, in line with the Bank’s business plans and strategies
- Promote a culture within the Bank that emphasizes commitment to internal controls, regulatory compliance, risk management and high ethical standards
- Develop the analytical, systems and data management capabilities to support the risk management function and facilitate production of quality management and regulatory reports;
- Ensure processes exists for business managers to understand and proactively manage all significant risks inherent to their business for monitoring and control
- Monitor, analyse and develop risk profiles of new areas of activities and ensure that they conform to regulatory requirements
- Create compliance risk matrix for all laws/by-laws/circulars and guidelines the bank is subjected to, for regulatory compliance and risk mitigation
- Oversee Compliance monitoring and intervening on the bank’s compliance with internal policies, procedures, and guidelines and training of bank staff by performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessments and testing;
- Prepare a quarterly risk and compliance report for use by the Board Audit Risk and Compliance Committee that provides an overview of the risks faced by the Bank, together with the recommended actions, as appropriate.
- Liaise with relevant external bodies and regulators on compliance matters;
- Advise management on the applicable laws, regulation, rules and standards and inform them about any developments in these areas
- Execution achieving results through others, leading team, peers etc.
- Collaboration creating synergies through working in partnership, teamwork
- Influence persuading and influencing stakeholders
- Change Potential driving and responding to change
- Intellectual Potential thinking quickly and flexible
- Secondary competences
- Inspirational Leadership getting people to follow you
- Direction providing vision and direction
- Business Judgement showing commercial acumen
- Competitive Edge driving change and innovation
- Building talent building capability for competitive advantage
- People Potential adapting to complex and changing interpersonal demands
- Motivational Potential adapting personal drive and focus to achieve in changing context
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field gained from a recognized university
- Post graduate qualifications in banking is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience with 5 years at senior management level in a bank
- Exposure to Risk & Compliance in a customer centric innovative, technology driven financial services environment
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Job opening date : 08-Oct-2021
Job closing date : 20-Oct-2021