The Database Administrator Specialist role is responsible for the timely delivery, support, and implementation of complex enterprise Database systems as part of Bank’s strategy. The Candidate through effective communication with stakeholders and ability to support, direct towards successful delivery of Business Goals; will work hand in hand with Business teams to support key strategic priorities which includes but not limited:
• Support all Existing and Future Projects for all environments (Production, Disaster Recovery, UAT & SIT) Database Infrastructure needs (Oracle, SQL, PostGRE, MySQL Databases)
• Core Banking Database Upgrades
• Support Oracle, Microsoft SQL, PostGreSQL and MySQL Databases
• All Databases Data Migrations, Validations and Quality Projects & Requirements
• Support Technology transformation through team Capacity building
• Business Products, Audit and Processes enhancements
• BAU support including Batch runs, reports and fixes deployments
- Work hand in hand with our Technology Application Support, Business and Management teams in daily execution of BAU and Strategic support activities/requirements for enhanced delivery.
- Support the scoped key Projects and engagements timely delivery seamlessly to ensure Business value and Bank objectives are met.
- Support ongoing Projects and further streamline Business processes and Products to ensure best practices at enhanced competitiveness.
- Provide progressive Weekly/Monthly assessments and recommendation reports on the Databases performance, Infrastructure requirements and enhancements.
- Be actively involved in enhancing Business Products intelligence strategy, Best practices with Product Setups, charges, enhanced Business processes etc. to ensure income leakages and unaccounted losses/income are realized and mitigation effectiveness continually improved.
- Perform assessments for Core Banking System upgrades and lay the foundations for a seamless transitions upgrade; in readiness to fully support the Core Banking system upgrade end to end.
- Support End of Day, End of Month and End of Year Batch runs; handling all issues/incidents arising.
- Collaborates on the initial hardware requirements, installation and configuration of a new/upgrade existing Oracle, SQL, and Postgres Server etc.
- Efficiently importing large volumes of data that have been extracted from multiple systems into a data warehouse environment.
- Create backup and recovery plans and procedures based on industry best practices, then make sure that the necessary steps are followed (develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans).
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end Applications performance tune database queries.
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS).
- Creation of databases and manage schema objects (tables, indexes, views etc.).
- Control migration and changes of all schema objects.
- Proactively monitoring the database’s health and taking preventive or corrective action as required
- Monitor application related jobs and data replication activities.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Policies.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly upholding proactive carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with project managers, Vendors, and other stakeholders in addressing issues/incidents/problems for prompt issues resolutions.
- Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Writing disaster recovery plans to uphold DR recovery and resilience tests engagements for Business Continuity assessments etc.
- Work as part of a team and provide 24×7 support when required.
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Database Development, Oracle and MySQL