The UEFA Foundation for Children has launched its 2021 call for projects which seek to promote children’s fundamental rights across the world.
This call for projects is aimed at any organisation that shares the values of the UEFA foundation and proposes practical measures to help children.
the foundation’s objectives – i.e. to help children by providing support in the following areas:
- access to sport;
- personal development;
- integration of minorities;
- protection of children’s rights.
Applications are invited from organisations anywhere in the world. Support is not limited to projects within Europe.
- Legal identity – The organisation must be recognised by institutional partners or have been registered for at least three years.
- Missing approved and published audits or financial reports for the last three years
- Non respect of the values and principles set out in the foundation’s ethics code
- Activities not involving a majority of children under 18
- Activities not involving at least 20% girls
- Projects primarily aimed at scouting, training or promoting young talent are excluded
- Level of administrative costs
- Level of co-funding
- Number of beneficiaries
- Focus on children
- Children’s age range
- Level of girls’ participation
- Gender mainstreaming
- Inclusion of sports activities
- Environmental considerations
- Account taken of the local socio-economic situation
- General project context
- Relevance of projects to needs
- Collaboration with institutional partners
- Medium and long-term sustainability of activities
- Integration of local minorities and people of all abilities
For more information, visit https://uefafoundation.org/news/call-for-projects-2021/