Senior Program Officer, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
Background and project description
Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs (Referred as ‘CCP’) is an American NGO registered to operate in Tanzania as an Organization limited by guarantee and is domiciled in Tanzania. On 22nd January 2008, the Organization was issued a Certificate of Compliance No 1982 as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), having met the requirement of the NGO status.
Breakthrough ACTION is USAID’s flagship social behavior change (SBC) project. It is a partnership led by CCP, in collaboration with Save the Children, ThinkAction, ideas42, Camber Collective, the International Center for Research on Women, and Viamo. The project works in partnership with governments, civil society and communities to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies and advocate for strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
General position summary/purpose:
- The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) is seeking a Senior Program Officer for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion to provide technical assistance on gender integration and gender transformative programming and develop staff and institutional capacity in gender integration across the organization’s global portfolio of programs.
- The Senior Program Officer will strengthen gender integration in CCP’s flagship Social and Behavior Change (SBC) program (Breakthrough ACTION), as well as provide technical guidance to other CCP projects across the globe.
- The Senior Program Officer will also lead efforts to mainstream gender equality into CCP business practices, including hiring, promotion, supportive policies and anti-discrimination, ensuring connections with CCP’s Anti-Racism work.
- The Senior Program Officer will contribute to the Center’s overall strategic plan, business development and specific Center-wide initiatives, as well as working with the Communications Director to expand the promotion of the Center’s work on gender equality and social inclusion. In all aspects of the work, the Senior Program Officer is expected to provide leadership and direction, whilst ensuring a collaborative, inclusive and participatory approach with CCP’s diverse staff around the world in order to foster a culture of shared commitment to gender equality.
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- Master’s degree (M.A., MHS, MPH) in relevant field required.
- Five years related experience in gender integration and SBC in international settings
- Required (see special knowledge, skills and abilities below for what is considered relevant experience).
- English language fluency in speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Ten years related experience strongly preferred.
French working proficiency strongly preferred.
Mode of application:
Send email to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.