The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has opened applications for its annual ITU Digital World SME Awards to promote digital innovation by small- and medium-sized enterprises around the world.
The Awards, now in their seventh edition, aim to hone SME pitching skills, showcase sustainable solutions, help make key connections, foster investment, and provide valuable United Nations recognition.
- Open to any SME worldwide, the 2021 Awards seek out innovations related to information and communication technologies (ICTs) in five categories:
- Connectivity: innovative solutions to increasing universal access to the internet.
- Smart cities, smart living: using digital tech innovatively to improve urban life and beyond in areas such as energy, transport, planning, food management and commerce.
- E-health: using technology to improve healthcare through remote diagnosis and treatment, care in the home, monitoring and prevention.
- Digital finance: ICT-based initiatives focused on increasing and improving access to the economy for the banked and unbanked.
- EdTech (education technology): Innovative tools to expand educational programmes and capacity building, including training and relevant content in local languages
- Win UN recognition as an innovative ICT4D solutions provider
- Benefit from international visibility before, during and after the event
- Network with peers, industry experts, mentors and UN representatives
- Take part in the SME Programme of capacity building and skills workshops, business matchmaking and networking events
The Awards are open to Participants identifying as a small or medium enterprise (each an “SME”) and start-ups.
All entries to Awards must be submitted in English.
For more information, visit https://www.itu.int/en/mediacentre/Pages/pr04-2021-ITU-Digital-World-Awards-SMEs.aspx