Health for a Prosperous Nation (H-PON) is a Local Nongovernmental organization with a vision of a healthy Tanzanian population. The H-PON works to contribute towards the Government efforts via its development agenda of having a healthy Tanzanian population which engages effectively in development efforts and hence reduce poverty and generating a prosperous Nation. The organization Core areas include; Research, Health system Strengthening and Implementation of innovative evidence-based approaches which have the potential of making difference in lives of the people at grass root level. Health for a Prosperous Nation is looking for a suitable qualified Accountant to work at its HQ offices located in Dar es salaam.
Job Title: Accountant
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting 6.2 ACCA level I or CPA (Added advantage) 6.3 Knowledge in an accounting packages e.g., QuickBooks, Tally, Sage and ready to learn new packages introduced by H-PON. 6.4 2-year work experience in related field
• Fluent in speaking Swahili & English
• Good Swahili & English writing skills 6.7 Good report writing skills
Roles and responsibilities
• Maintain projects financial management records; (Timely and correct invoicing of HPON Partner’s).
• Review H-PON Accounting Manual and advice accordingly on changes or improvement needed that fits H-PON operations.
• Execute H-PON Accounting Manual.
• Identify and capture all accounting and financial transactions correctly and accurately.
• Prepare transaction source documents.
• Analyze and classify transactions.
• Record transactions by making entries to appropriate accounts.
• Prepare, extract and review trial balance.
• Ensure it is always in balance.
• Prepare adjusting entries to record accrued and deferred amounts.
• Post these entries to general ledgers.
• Prepare financial statements; income statements, balance sheet, cash flow statement, statement of retained earnings.
• File transaction source documents in a chronological and orderly manner for ease of reference or verification against reported figures.
• Ensure timely and consistent implementation of audit recommendations.
• Safeguard and strengthen controls over financial documents and resources to prevent erroneous misrepresentation, misappropriation or forgeries.
• Accurately compute PAYE from staffs’ monthly remuneration, Local Service Tax from staff’s remuneration and NSSF staff and employer contributions.
• Ensure timely remittance of PAYE to TRA & Local Service Taxes to relevant authorities, WCF, NHIF and NSSF contribution.
• Generate timely income reports for managements’ review and decision making.
• Reconcile reported income with expenditures receipts to ensure accuracy
• Process payment vouchers and ensure their proper approval.
• Prepare monthly payroll accurately and on a timely basis
• Ensure proper authorization of payroll.
• Develop and deliver invoices for payments.
• Properly record working advances availed to staff and ensure timely accountability for advances taken.
• Ensure the requisition of items are raised through a formal and documented process and properly approved.
• Work together with Finance Manager to prepare budgets of activities as they arise or as directed by Executive Secretary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Secretary.
Job application procedure
Soft copy of the following should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday 22nd July, 2021: 16:00hrs.
• Cover letter addressed to HR Manager (P.O.BOX 13560, Dar es salaam).
• Current CV
• Scanned copy of Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
• Other relevant field certificates
• Combine all the above documents to be in one pdf document
• Applicants submitting more than one combined file will not be considered.
Closing Date Thursday 22nd July, 2021 (1500hrs)