Individual Consultant – Developing Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for the Fifth Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025 – (2103469)
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 30 days
Job Posting: Jul 20, 2021, 4:34:15 PM
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar-es-Salaam
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Purpose of the Consultancy:
HIV continues to be a disease of public health concern in Tanzania. The National Control Programme (NACP) of the Ministry of Health is implementing the fourth Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan 2017 – 2022 (HSHP IV). In October 2020, the NACP conducted a midterm review of HSHSP IV and is now developing the HSHSP V which is aligned with the recently launched National HSSP V for ease of implementation synergy and monitoring.
Work to be performed
- Under the supervision and overall guidance of the Lead consultant, NACP Programme Manager and WHO Medical Officer TB/HIV, the selected candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Facilitate synthesis of MTR findings and results from other analyses to benchmark and provide baselines for new HSHSP V M&E Framework.
- Lead the team to develop clear and concise HSHSP V logical/theoretical framework that articulates inputs, processes, outputs, outcomes and impact.
- Provide guidance on the development of the draft HSHSP V monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Lead the development of a two-year M&E operational Plan with clear measuring indicators for progress.
- Support validation of Strategic Plan M&E Framework and M&E Operational Plan and thereafter consolidate stakeholder’s inputs.
The M&E consultant will work with the team of experts during desk review of the HIV current country situation and MTR findings, review available recommendations on M&E aspects, review proposed M&E chapter of the new HSHSP V, facilitate review meetings with stakeholders and finalization of the documents.
Key deliverables from this assignment will include: The final HSHSP V M&E Framework, M&E plan for the two year Operational Plan and consultancy report.
English Language is required
Read: Expert knowledge
Write: Expert knowledge
Speak: Expert knowledge
- Desired: The preferred candidate should have a minimum of Post graduate degree in health-related field, preferably Epidemiology or public health, and Monitoring and Evaluation of health programs from a recognized university
- S/he must have at least 5 years’ experience in programme analysis including experience in HIV and AIDS programme evaluation, strategic and/or operational planning, and health & community systems.
- Demonstrate extensive experience and knowledge in the area of M&E for HIV programming.
- Knowledge of the health Information systems of Tanzania.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Computer literacy and ability to use Word Processing and office technology equipment
WHO Competencies REQUIRED
- Communicating in a credible and effective way.
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Producing Results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Good command of Computer Application Systems
Initial payment (25%) will be made upon submission and acceptance of the consultancy. Final payment to a consultant is dependent on the completion of all deliverables. WHO will pay the consultant under the package of NOC/ICS-10 Step 1.
TIMELINE AND REPORTING
The expected duration of the assignment for period of 30 working days 16th August to 24th September 2021. The final reports should be submitted by 31st October 2021.
Outputs delivered under this consultancy contract will remain the property of the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children
Closing Date: Aug 11, 2021, 12:59:00 AM