People and Culture (HR) Officer
Provide support and clerical expertise to Assistant Employee Relations Manager and People and Culture Department and respond to inquiries in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum employee, applicant or vendor satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies.
THIS POSITION IS FOR TANZANIANS ONLY We can not consider non Tanzanian applicants due to restrictions on work permits
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times and dresses in issued uniform and ensures a neat, clean, and tidy appearance at all times.
- Reports to shift on time.
- Is aware of schedule at all times and if unable to attend work, notifies the Manager in adequate time Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee handbook.
- Act as an objective 3rd party in employee counseling, problem solving conflict situations and communicate to People and Culture Manager any circumstances that may raise legal issues for the Lodge Responding to internal and external P&C related inquiries or requests and provide assistance Adheres to the established standard of conduct and house rules, fire regulations, and department procedures and policies.
- Maintaining records of personnel-related data in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met including employment files and other records personally and through delegation in a detailed manner on paper and in the P&C computer system. .
- Maintain confidentiality of information in the department including conversations, personal information and medical files.
- Updating Workday & Aruti with all Employees Information & able to create P&C reports from both systems Assist Human Resource Manager with recruitment process including responding to applications and resumes, checking references and processing new hire paperwork.
- Applicants should be responded to within 48 hours of their application being received.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Covering the Assistant Employee Relations Manager while he/she is on leave. Regularly coaches and develops Designated Trainers (DT) in their role and responsibilities Develops solid relationships with all new hires to act as a supporting role during their probationary period. Facilitate the Embark for the new employees.
- Assist in handling & Organizing community outreach activities in coordination with the Lodge Green Committee with guideline from Assistant Employee Relations Manager/P&CM Assist P&CM with Payroll preparations. Assist with Clinic in the absence of P&C/Clinic Assistant Carry out any assigned other duties/responsibilities as required by People and Culture Manager
- Respond to and attend any related hearings for all employee claims against the Lodge including Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment, Department of Labor and Wage & Hour concerns Run monthly, quarterly and annual reports from P&C computer system.
- Check P&C internal mailbox and post outgoing P&C mail. Provides Crunch team assistance to departments tP&Coughout the hotel.
- May be required to travel to, temporarily assist with Arusha logistics office. Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Assist in preparing the Monthly Employee Relations Calendar – organizing Social and Sports activities. Assist in preparing for the events – i.e. ordering the necessary supplies, preparing posters advising staff about the event, then after the event, posts up pictures on notice board .
- Assist in managing, coordinating & organizing all employees’ recognition programs e.g. “EOM, MOQ, Birthdays, Honesty, and Anniversaries”.
- Assist in managing, coordinating & organizing all employees communications activities e.g. “ Direct Line meeting for Line & Managers, Updating Employees Notice Boards, and Jambo Serengeti (Facebook)
- Assist in all Employee Amenities for “New Babies, Sympathy, and Promotion”. Assist in following up on the Employees on Sick, Maternity, injury or compassionate Leave to ensure communicating to PC the updates of their status. Assist in managing & coordinating Lodge Employees Ground Transportation, Transportation Allowance for Line & Supervisor Employees & Coordinate with Finance for NCAA Park fee payment provided to Lodge Employees.
About UsDedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality, Four Seasons can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of -the opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done.