Tanzania, United Republic of | req11742
Position:Office Assistant, Tanzania
Palladium is a global group working to create positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 3,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities. We embrace five core principles in everything we do:
- We are One Palladium. We are all accountable, we take responsibility for our actions, and celebrate the positive impact we create.
- Our business grows when our people grow. We seek out opportunities to develop ourselves, each other, and Palladium.
- Our strength lies in our differences. We harness our unique strengths by listening to and respecting each other.
- Making mistakes is part of learning. We admit our mistakes early, help to make things right, and learn from the experience together.
- We don’t exist without results. We’re driven by the outcomes we achieve and stay focused on what matters.
Our Americas’ business team works in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and North and South America as well as the Caribbean, fulfilling projects and assignments for clients from institutions, corporations, governments, and foundations based in the Americas. We have offices in Washington, DC, New York City, and Raleigh-Durham, NC.
The DIAS Practice is a dynamic and innovative group with talented and passionate members working toward the goal of improving informed decision making and implementation efficiency in international development projects. The home office for this position is Palladium’s Dar es Salaam, Tanzania office.
The Office Assistant is a critical member of the Tanzania Palladium team, and has responsibilities to support the efficient and smooth operation of the Palladium office.
You and Your Career
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, and doer, and you have expertise in office support responsibilities, we are interested in hearing from you. As an experienced Office Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work in a busy and fast paced office providing critical support services.
We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
1. Responsible for ensuring all supplies are available for all meeting and that the venue is well prepared and meets all health and administration standards.
- Meeting room is clean
- Health gears are in place
- Assist on meeting arrangements
- Snacks, tea and water is available to all visitors and guests
2. Ensure Kitchen and store supplies are maintained at appropriate levels at all times:
- Keep the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) informed of stock levels and confirm required purchases for the kitchen and store to ensure stocks are maintained at sufficient but minimum levels
- Conduct stock taking every Friday
- Replenish tea and other light refreshment as required
3. Ensure the Office is clean and hygienic at all times:
- Clean floors daily
- Wash dishes and cutlery daily
- Clean kitchen and disinfect work surfaces equipment and utensils every day
- Clean and disinfect toilets everyday
- Clean windows internally and externally on a regular basis
- Clean furniture daily
- Remove cobwebs weekly
- Clean the refrigerator every Friday after 12:00 noon
- Wash and replace hand towels daily
- Empty trash bins every morning and afternoon and as required
4. Support Office catering:
- Ensure there is water in the dispenser daily
- Serve tea and other light refreshments at meetings
5. Clean and tidy the store on monthly basis
6. Ensure office facilities and working tools are maintained:
- Report to the FAO any defect in toilet, kitchen, store, and office
- Follow up on repairs
7. Provide backup clerical support to the Data.FI team as required, including making photocopies, binding documents, shredding, etc.
8. Any other duties as assigned
- Secondary Education certificate of completion
- Able to read, speak and write English
- A minimum of 5 years proven record of successful working experience as an Office Attendant
- Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking setting with high level of integrity
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively
- Good team player, Self-motivated and able to work independently under minimal supervision
- Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
Palladium is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to a selection process due to disability or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to make any reasonable adjustments to our process.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!