The Common Fund for Commodities (CFC) is seeking applications for financing projects along the commodity value chains following sustainability roadmap. CFC provides a range of financial and technical instruments to support projects proposed by SMEs/enterprises, cooperatives, and institutions along the entire commodity value chain in its member countries.
Quality project proposals from LDCs (Least Developed Countries), LLDCs (Landlocked Developing Countries) and SIDs (Small Island Developing States) are preferred to alleviate more people from poverty.
GoalsThe proponents should identify and specify the SDGs to which the project will contribute, explaining how it will help to advance each selected Goal, including the following:
- SDG 1: No poverty
- SDG 2: Zero hunger
- SDG 5: Gender Equality
- SDG 7: Affordable and clean energy
- SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth
- SDG 10: Reduced inequalities
- SDG 13: Climate action
- The CFC funds projects under loan and other debt instruments. The maximum amount is USD 2 million (or EUR equivalent) for regular projects, and up to USD 120,000 under the Fast Track procedure.
Eligible ActivitiesThe CFC supports implementation of activities along the value chain that:
- have a potential measurable positive socio-economic and environmental impact on the stakeholders in commodity value chains as compared to the prevailing baseline situation, measured by indictors in the following sectors:
- Social: Create employment (particularly for youth and women), provide sustained increase in household incomes, reduce poverty, and enhance food security.
- Economic: Enhance production and productivity, achieve higher local value addition; improve competitiveness of producers, producer organisations and small and medium sized industries, support the financial sector development.
- Environmental/ Climate: Enhance production taking into account the environment and its long-term possibilities for the same, or increased use of productive resources while maintaining or reducing the impact on the environment, by solar/biogas energy and/or providing evidence on carbon footprint or a proxy to it.
- are financially sustainable, represented
- by audit reports provided for 2 to 3 years together with the application
- by a financial plan going forward, provided by excel spread sheet to be delivered with eh application showing a planned P&L and planned balance sheet for the time horizon to be financed
- All interested SMEs/enterprises/ cooperatives/governments are kindly invited to submit qualifying proposals.
- All legal public and private entities are eligible to apply under this Call for Proposals, provided they:
- operate in commodity value chains or provide financial services to micro, small and medium sized businesses operating in these value chains,
- have a proven relevant track record of sound financial operations in their current and / or proposed activities over a period of at least 3 years, which can be documented by means of (audited) financial statements,
- share CFC’s values, including internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption as reflected in the United Nations Global Compact, and
- do not fall under the exclusion criteria, as defined on CFC’s Exclusion list
For more information, visit http://www.common-fund.org/call-for-proposals/