Applications are now open for the Digital Lab Africa to offer emerging talents a springboard to fast-track the development of their projects, with the support and expertise of DLA creative industries ecosystems in France and in Sub-Saharan African countries.
The online incubation and mentorship programs combine group and individual sessions that will help DLA#5 laureates to work on identified needs, and strengthen their projects to fast-track its development. Moreover, Digital Lab Africa is not only organising workshops, but providing a space / platform of encounter / exchange, which intends to use the strength of a community to go beyond DLA programme, by linking DLA#5 laureates with experts / professionals / alumni and enabling further exchanges among them.
The Video Game category is open to all prototypes/concepts of video game for any type of device (smartphone, computer, console etc.). Video game projects with creative storytelling/experience and using innovative technologies will be considered first. All type of games is accepted: casual games, adventure, platform, social gaming, strategy, e-sport etc.
- Commit to participate to all activities included in the incubation program
- Credit DLA and its partners in any future communication
- Provide a narrative report about the incubation and mentorship programme
- Participants at the Digital Lab Africa platform must be residents or nationals of one of the sub-Saharan African countries: South Africa, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- The projects can be submitted by a candidate who does not live in sub-Saharan Africa on condition that this candidate is a national of one of the countries of this region. In this case, the project development and production should be mostly implemented in a sub-Saharan African country.
- Minimum age for participants is 18 years old.
For more information, visit https://digilabafrica.com/submit-a-project/