The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) wishes to appoint a service provider to lead the development of disability friendly IEC material that addresses the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and HIV related needs and challenges of persons who live with disabilities (PWD) in the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) region.
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is undertaking a process of developing information, education, and communication (IEC) material for its programme that addresses the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and HIV related needs and challenges of persons who live with disabilities (PWD).
This programme aims to ensure the inclusion of PWD in the HIV Cascade and the various parts of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) region.
Precisely, the SDGs that relate to health and wellbeing, education, growth and employment, inequality, and data collection and monitoring of the SDGs.
Disability is a cross-cutting issue in the response to HIV and therefore calls for broader social, cultural, and economic development that is person-centred, is disability-inclusive and addresses the unique barriers that are encountered by people with disabilities – in particular women and girls with disabilities, and people living with HIV.
- The appointed applicant /organisation /firm is required to lead the overall development and design of the IEC material.
- Proven record of developing diverse disability friendly IEC material in the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) region.
- Demonstrate capacity to facilitate and lead the development IEC which is not only country specific but follows a universality design approach.
- Must be able to facilitate and lead ongoing capacity support on disability issues in the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) region.
- Has a clear understanding and leading PWD inclusivity issues in the ESA region.
- The Service Provider must be a registered entity.
- Must have been operational for at least three years.
- Use funds following the contractual agreement and maintain accounting records in accordance to standards agreed in writing with AFSA.
- Submit reports outlining training deliverables and all financial implications.
- Good project and people management skills and the ability to deliver within time frames as reflected in the work plan; and
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Requests for salaries, rent, overhead costs
- Facilitation fee for external facilitators
- Hotel accommodation and air travel
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3rcMXNZ