Location: Ruvuma, Tanzania.Overview
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries….
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below….
Regional Finance and Grants Officer Ruvuma
Position: Regional Finance and Grants Officer
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Regional Finance and Grants Officer position in Ruvuma for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
Supporting management of EpiC Tanzania sub awardees in the region as well as supporting financial functions of the project in the region. Be in routine contact with the EpiC sub awardees in the Region, conducting compliance site visits and providing ongoing support for financial and management systems setup and strengthening to develop Subawardee capacity. Also ensuring that all functions under the EpiC sub awardees are conducted in an efficient manner and in compliance with USAID and FHI360 policies, procedures and regulations.
Specific duties include:
- Monitor Subawardee financial and management performance within the region, liaising closely with EpiC technical and program staff monitoring technical performance.
- Conduct regular site visits to sub awardees to check compliance, follow-up on special award conditions, and provide capacity building support and coaching.
- Review Subawardee documentation including monthly invoices, supporting documentation (timesheets, receipts, etc.) and monthly program reports and submit to EpiC Tanzania head office.
- Prepare and manage a regional budget for EpiC Tanzania and track and monitor activities and expenditures within region to ensure alignment with budget and workplans in coordination with the Senior Grants and Compliance Officer
- Prepare financial reports and other documentation as requested and in accordance with EpiC directives.
- As needed, perform/review reconciliations with respect to bank, balance sheet, vendors, inventory
- Assist in the development of sub-awardee budgets and provide capacity building technical assistance to sub-awardee staff.
- Coordinate with the Senior Finance Manager for audits and assist in ensuring that the audit recommendations are effectively implemented.
- Review and perform spot checks and reconciliation for petty cash per FHI 360 requirements
- Support procurement for project as needed, including reviewing vendor selection analyses from and ensure adherence to procurement requirements
- Responsible for inputting and preparing grants related reports from SAT system and reconciling GFAS/COMPAS with SAT system reports.Finance
- Prepare project activities, pipeline reports, and budget for compliance with USAID and FHI360 standards and accuracy.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for submission in accordance with FHI 360 directives.
- Ensure timely closure and submission of the GFAS monthly financial reports and any other specifically required financial reports, such as quarterly pipelines to Headquarters (HQ).
- Facilitate project payments and general ledger reconciliations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration with 5-7 relevant experience or Masters in similar field with 3-5 relevant years of experience. CPA, ACA or any other relevant professional qualification is desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial management and reporting.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in grants management with local organizations, including capacity building of management and financial systems.
- Budget development skills for USAID-funded projects and general ledger skills
- Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
- Ability to develop effective work plan and priorities to meet business objectives.
- Familiarity with or knowledge of USAID-funded projects and grants management policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in Tanzania is highly desirable.
- Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of key and vulnerable populations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to interpret financial and other quantitative information and reports.
- Good report writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading his/her Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself. Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!